Monday, September 12, 2016

GE 1950's AM Tube Radio

This one is a General Electric, but I'm not sure of the model. AM only.

Front view:


Rear view:


Back off for an inside view. Pretty dusty in there! Notice the bracket that the back screwed onto, which is also where the electric plug connected. Necessary to hold the back on.


Bracket off.


Circuit board out. I had to take the knobs off the front to get the board out.


Speaker out and cleaned up.


Like many radios this size, this one uses a standard size 4 in round speaker; it fit without having to make any adjustments.


Also, like most of these radios, it only came with one speaker, which means I had to find a place for the second. I'm usually attach the second speaker to the back, which is what I did here. It required me to drill some holes for 4 small bolts and use a template made from foam board.



All attached. I had the clasp left over from a previous build.


I trimmed the excess off.


I use the same Bluetooth receiver/amplifier and 12 volt/3 amp power supply:


Wiring up the Bluetooth receiver/amp to the speaker and power.

 

Gotta get it all fitting inside....


Pretty lights means it's working.


Re-attach the back. Notice that I trimmed the power cord, but left the part that plugs into the bracket. This helps hold the back.

You can also see the wire that runs from the 12 volt/3 amp A/C adapter to power the Bluetooth receiver/amp coming out of the lower left. The 4 screws are what holds on the back speaker.


All-done view of the front.


No comments:

Post a Comment